quarta-feira, 19 de outubro de 2016

Waiting on Wednesday: Journey's End by Rachel Hawkins


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. This week's pick is: 



Journey's End by Rachel Hawkins 
To be published on October 25, 2016 by G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers

The town of Journey's End may not literally be at the end of the world, but it sure feels like it to Nolie Stanhope. Spending the summer with her scientist father in the tiny Scottish village isn't exactly Nolie's idea of a good time, but she soon finds a friend: native Journey's Ender Bel McKissick.

While Nolie's father came to Journey's End to study the Boundary--a mysterious fog bank offshore--Bel's family can’t afford to consider it a threat. The McKissick’s livelihood depends on the tourists drawn by legends of a curse. Still, whether you believe in magic or science, going into the Boundary means you'll never come back.

…Unless you do. Albert Etheridge, a boy who disappeared into the Boundary in 1914, suddenly returns--without having aged a day and with no memory of the past hundred years. Then the Boundary starts creeping closer to the town, threatening to consume everyone within.

While Nolie's father wants to have the village evacuated, Bel's parents lead the charge to stay in Journey's End. Meanwhile, Albert and the girls look for ways to stop the encroaching boundary, coming across an ancient Scottish spell that requires magic, a quest, and a sacrifice.


Why I'm waiting:
  • Ever since reading, and loving, Rebel Belle I've been wanting to read more Rachel Hawkins, I've start Hex Hall but I don't cont that because I barely remember anything (it was audiobook, while traveling, very distracted) so now is a perfect chance to remedy that. 
  • I want to branch out my reading to outside of YA and when I used to read middle grade my favorites were always fantasy, so I can't wait!
Are you waiting this book too? Have you read it yet? Let me know!

Nenhum comentário :

Postar um comentário