terça-feira, 2 de fevereiro de 2016

Remembrance - Meg Cabot

17302879
Remembrance by Meg Cabot
Series: The Mediator #7
Published on February 2, 2016 by William Morrow
[This book was given to me by the Publisher, this in no way affected my opinion.]
In REMEMBRANCE, the seventh installment of the Mediator series, all Susannah Simon wants is to make a good impression at her first job since graduating from college (and becoming engaged to Dr. Jesse de Silva).

But when she stumbles across an ancient murder, old ghosts—and ex-boyfriends—aren’t all that come back to haunt her.

REMEMBRANCE will be the first ever adult installment of the Mediator, published by William Morrow, the adult division of HarperCollins, the company that brought you the YA books in the series.

Remembrance was lots of fun for one side but on other points it kind of just reminded me of the weak spots of this series. I think I'll be better doing a list about this one:

  • The mystery was pretty good on this one, it wasn't easy to guess how everything would fit together at first but the more the story progressed more you could see pieces fitting together and things getting pretty real, like dangerous real as it usually does with Susannah.
  • But it did took a while for the mystery to take the front seat of this story and until there it was kind of hard to stick for more than a chapter or two, since my interested kept wavering.
  • Also the resolution of this mystery is pretty unbelievable, like I said above things get pretty dangerous at one point and in real life there would be an investigation and probably some digital prints of Susannah would be all over evidence so I think is very unlikely things got resolved so neatly as it was on the book.
  • But if this was included on the story it probably would be like 600 pages long and yeah, I can see why it wasn't for fiction purposes. 
  • Other thing in the mystery that left me unsettled was the way Susannah dealt with a girl, Becca, that was cutting herself. It's pretty obvious since scene one that this girl is passing through some hard shit, but Susannah is completely clueless on how to deal with her, she was harsh and covered it up from any figure of authority what was happening with Becca and didn't even forwarded  her to a counselor, sure she suggest the idea for Becca's father at one scene on the end but she never clarifies why she thinks Becca needs help. I was chocked and angry with this, mental health isn't a side problem that can be dealt so easily as this made it look, a teenager cutting herself is room for hospitalization or at least a serious therapy treatment - with or without ghosts.
  • So yeah, Susannah really disappointed me on this book, I was expecting you know an adult but she still has the same voice, the same impulsiveness that put her on so much trouble while a teenager, she kept hiding things from Jesse and trying to deal all on her own even thought it was clearly not the best idea I just, I expected more.
  • Jesse too continues to be kind of the same, he still has some 19 century costumes and ideals which obvs comes in the way between him and Susannah, I also was hoping he changed a little bit more because I'm so not into this whole male alfa thing - even thought his is pretty down played close to others on characters on literature. 
  • What was up with that whole mean girls show Kelly and Debbie are still putting on, like for real, you're like 25 years-old grow up. 
  • Honestly the ones that more grew where Susannah's step brothers. 
  • And how cute where the triplets right.
  • I could have done this book without Paul, I honestly don't know why he was here except to cause the main couple some troubles, but like seriously each page this guy was I wanted to kick his ass so badly, he DEFINITELY didn't grew one little bit since high school, actually I would say he regressed even more on his terrible sexist ways. 
Overall thinking about this one it seems to have more negative than positive feels but that isn't true, this was a fun read and I'm glad Cabot is revisiting her series, I definitely wouldn't complain if this Mediator revival would last and bring us more books about this gang but I could have done with a bit more changes from these characters. This is a book that fans of the series can't pass out.

Nenhum comentário :

Postar um comentário