segunda-feira, 10 de agosto de 2015

Highly Anticipated: The Lies About Truth by Courtney C. Stevens

Hey guys, today is the day for another take on Highly Anticipated. As the name says here I'll talk a little about new tittles that are still months away to being released and were highly anticipated by me - so much that I couldn't help myself and read them way before the released date. Hope you enjoy these "sneak peeks" of some new books!

The Lies About Truth by Courtney C. Stevens
To be published on November 3, 2015 by HarperTeen
[This book was given to me by the publisher but this in no way affected my opinion.]



Sadie Kingston, is a girl living in the aftermath. A year after surviving a car accident that killed her friend Trent and left her body and face scarred, she can’t move forward. The only person who seems to understand her is Trent’s brother, Max.

As Sadie begins to fall for Max, she's unsure if she is truly healed enough to be with him — even if Max is able to look at her scars and not shy away. But when the truth about the accident and subsequent events comes to light, Sadie has to decide if she can embrace the future or if she'll always be trapped in the past.


I absolutely loved this book. It dealt with heavy themes, like grief and changing (physically and emotionally) in a way that was really sad at some parts but it had an overall hopeful tone for me - this isn't a story about a sad girl, but a story about a sad girl trying to change her reality and find some happiness after a traumatic accident.

Sadie has to overcome the trauma of the accident, but also deal with her physical appearance after that - this part of the story was really touching and personal to me, I never passed trough a accident like her but it was easy to connect with her insecurities and a lot of times I cried with and for Sadie.

The relationships here are very complex, the car crash changed the dynamic of their group and no one really knows what to do with themselves and with each other, it was nice to see their working their way back together; the romantic aspect was really sweet, I loved Max and he was basically perfect, but what I really liked was that the book never, ever showed this relationship as the salvation for Sadie, yes it was something that helped her but ultimately her changes were for herself; the parents are very present on the story and I loved Sadie's parents, specially her relationship with her mom, who always seemed to know the right way to comfort her, when get involved and when just be there for her.

This was an amazing read, I think that every lover of contemporary about personal growth and overcoming stories will love this book as much as I did.

Nenhum comentário :

Postar um comentário