segunda-feira, 13 de abril de 2015

Georgia Nicolson Series by Louise Rennison


Hey guys, today I'm here with yet another series review, this time it's from the "Georgia Nicolson" series and it's long overdue, I re-read it back on December/January  but only now I'm get my shit together (kind of) for review. The summary from the first book: "1. I have one of those under-the-skin spots that will never come to a head but lurk in a red way for the next two years.
2. It is on my nose
3. I have a three-year-old sister who may have peed somewhere in my room.
4. In fourteen days the summer hols will be over and then it will be back to Stalag 14 and Oberfuhrer Frau Simpson and her bunch of sadistic teachers.
5. I am very ugly and need to go into an ugly home.
6. I went to a party dressed as a stuffed olive.
In this wildly funny journal of a year in the life of Georgia Nicolson, British author Louise Rennison has perfectly captured the soaring joys and bottomless angst of being a teenager. In the spirit of Bridget Jones's Diary, this fresh, irreverent, and simply hilarious book will leave you laughing out loud. As Georgia would say, it's "Fabbity fab fab!""


Why You Should Read This Series (even if you aren't the target market anymore):

1. The Humor: one of the best decisions of my life was to re-read this series on the period of time that I did, it was a bad couple of months and theses books did wonders for my mood. The humor of these books are timeless and ageless, it doesn't matter what age you have you gonna laugh your ass off because Georgia can get herself in the most crazy situations always and always get 
buried even more deep on the craziness. Trust me.


2. The Audiobooks: I never owned all the books of this series, only some and they are all wrong like the 1 and then the 5, 6 and 10, so when I was thinking on re-reading I got lucky and found almost all of them on audio - let me say to you that this was the best decision ever! My library had the versions of the audio which Louise Rennison read the books herself, so it was waaay fun to listen than reading, it was like remembering my teen self and the talks between me and my friends, it was even more hilarious! Super recommend getting the audio version if you don't own any.

3. The Slang: for those who once were teens (or are) on England this may not be one of the funny things on this book, but at a lot of times I saw myself giggling over the british slang that Georgia uses - and also over the one she and her friends use, they are sooo creative when it comes to creating new words, like nunga nungas (for bobs), or using german words for her parents or just being excellent at being fabbity fab fab!

4. Angus: this is for all cat owners all over the world, when I was reading it I just had found my cat (my dad found him on a walk on November) and as before I only had owned dogs, this whole new world of cats had just opened itself for me and it was so fun to read about Angus - Georgia's cat - and laugh out loud because my cat would do just the same crazy things! So if you have a cat (or is a former owner of a cat, or really just a lover of these cute things) you will probably love the bits where Angus shows up. 

5. The drama llamas: Oh. My. God. The drama that is contained on this series is so over the top and ridiculous and I loved it! It was really realistic with how I was at that age (maybe not so much on the later books but oh, well, it is Georgia we where talking about), at the early teen years we can be really dramatic and everything is the end of the world and it's true (for that time at least) so it was so fun to get caught up on Georgia preoccupations and laugh my ass off with her mistakes.

6. The Characters: what makes this books so good, Georgia and her gang are some of the most memorable and lovable characters, ever. Georgia is the most crazy person to ever feature a book, like seriously, she is way to much dramatic but also way too much loving and funny and even kind. Her gang of best friends too are great, they all have some crazy traits (you know just to match Georgia's) and complete each other.

7. The Romance: okay, I need to talk a little bit about this because THE RAGE! Okay, not really but kind of, Georgia has a lot of *things* (by things I mean feelings, and by feelings I mean she thinks they are hot) for a lot of boys over the curse of the ten books, and I loved that YAY for sex positive messages for young girls but at the same time I was SO frustrated on the last books. We have this boy that I will not mention the name 'cause it can be spoilery that is just amazing and we all know he is *the one* but Georgia keeps not seeing that and confusing like with hotness until the last second, so yeah, don't get your hopes up like I did on the last few books.

If you still didn't got it this is the kind of series you wan to pick up when you're feeling down and need a really good laugh, all the books are short and it's really easy to read it on one sitting (if you listen to the audios they usually have about 4 hours). Recommended to everyone. Seriously, is so good. 

Do yourself a favor and Treat Yo Self with this series

Nenhum comentário :

Postar um comentário