sábado, 28 de março de 2015

Popcorn Corner: Legally Blonde (2001)

Hey guys, a new thing here, from time to time I'll do posts talking about some movies that I watched on the last times and giving you my opinions on it - this will probably be shorter than my book reviews and it will probably be all over the place because I never reviewed movies before, but let's rock on, right?

Legally Blonde (2001)
Directed by Robert Luketic 
Written by Kirsten Smith, Karen McCullah Lutz
Runtime: 1 h. 36 min. 
Rating: PG-13 (for language and sexual references) 
Genre: Comedy 
Elle Woods has it all. She's the president of her sorority, a Hawaiian Tropic girl, Miss June in her campus calendar, and, above all, a natural blonde. She dates the cutest fraternity boy on campus and wants nothing more than to be Mrs. Warner Huntington III. But, there's just one thing stopping Warner from popping the question: Elle is too blonde. Growing up across the street from Aaron Spelling might mean something in LA, but nothing to Warner's East-Coast blue blood family. So, when Warner packs up for Harvard Law and reunites with an old sweetheart from prep school, Elle rallies all her resources and gets into Harvard, determined to win him back. But law school is a far cry from the comforts of her poolside and the mall. Elle must wage the battle of her life, for her guy, for herself and for all the blondes who suffer endless indignities everyday.

The thing that makes this movie worth watching for me can be summed on one gif
True story Haley, true story 
Ever since I first watched Legally Blonde, when I was 7 and pink was my favorite color, I thought about Elle Woods as a role model, she was literally everything I wanted to be as a adult - pretty, blonde, had a super cute small dog, used the best outfits (hey, I was 7!) and most of all, she was smart and determined to get what she wanted (even if it was a boyfriend). Years had passed but I still think that Elle Woods is a great character to look up too, she is there to show that pretty does come with brains, and with nice too! 

Of course that right now I realize that her initial motives were completely wrong (applying to a college and a curse you know nothing about/has no interest on just because of a boyfriend is totally a no, no for me), the drama on this one is over the top and the characters are somewhat ridiculous with the stereotypes (Warner really takes seriously his role as the ex-boyfriend dickhead), and the outfits don't tempt me anymore. But Reese Witherspoon performance turns this into a laugh out loud comedy, full of heart, making impossible for you to not cheer up for Elle and hope she finds her patch on Law School. Also the romance is so sweet, it doesn't get much screening time but it still manages to win your heart, because every talk Elle and Emmett have is so funny and cute you will probably be glad when she finally realizes what a looser Warner is. 

Verdict: 3.5 out of 5 stars 

Nenhum comentário :

Postar um comentário